Vastu For Garage
The garage is as important as any other room in the house
- The most suitable zone for a garage is the North-West or South- East.
- Avoid having the garage in the South- West since this will lead to constant repairs and rare usage of the vehicle.
- The North-East is also not acceptable for a garage. However , if the garage is in a basement then North-East, East or North is permitted.
- If a portico is used then it should be in the North, East or North-East. The portico should be 1 or 2 feet below the roof level and should not touch the compound wall. Do not construct a pillar in the North-East to support the roof of the portico, instead use a cantilever roof which is slightly lower than the building roof .
- The garage must never touch the compound wall of the plot or the walls of the main building.
- The garage should be painted in white or any light colour, black or grey should be avoided.
- The vehicle should always face East or North while parked.