Vastu Tips for Staircase / Vastu for Staircase / Staircase Vastu / Vastu Advice for Staircase
- The most preferred area for staircase is South, West and South –West.
- The North-East and Brahmsthan of a building are strictly prohibited for the location of a staircase. A staircase in the North-East results in loss of wealth and health.
- Due to paucity of space, the South-East or North-West is acceptable however, the staircase should rise only from East to West or from North to South. Not vice-versa
- The staircase should run clockwise only.
- The number of steps should always be an odd number and definitely not end in a zero.
- Circular staircases are considered inauspicious because circles represent death in Indian mythology. For the same reason, a staircase should not encircle the whole building.
- There should not be a common staircase for going upstairs and to the basement.
- The uppermost staircase should have a roof.
- The uppermost landing door should be 9-12 inches shorter in length to the lowest landing door.
- The space below the stairs should not be used for anything else except storage.
- The staircase should not originate from the kitchen, puja room or strong room.
- The staircase should be maintained in a good condition at all times. Any repairs should be done immediately.
- The staircase should not be seen from the main entrance of the house and should also not be directly opposite the main entrance. Such a staircase disturbs the harmony and equilibrium of the house.
Get Expert Vastu Advice for Staircase
Call us +91-9821425579
Frequently Asked Questions About Staircase Vastu
Q-1:- What should be under stairs as per Vastu?
Ans: The space below staircase should only be used for storage.
Q-2:- Which direction is good for staircase?
Ans: Only South, West, Southwest directions are good for staircase.
Q-3:- How is Vastu dosh corrected in staircase?
Ans: Provide white marble and glass so that energy streaming is not blocked or make a wooden staircase.
Q-4:- How many steps should be there in staircase according to Vastu?
Ans: Total number of steps should be Odd number. Number of steps should not end in zero.
Q-5:- How do you change the direction of stairs?
Ans: If the staircase is anti-clockwise, break the motion by some design of sacred geometry in the landings.